Sunday, February 12, 2012

[New Year, New You] Fall Off The Horse, Get Back On - Rinse and Repeat

I've been at odds with life lately.

By "life", I mean that strange *thing* that can alternately mean fate, chance, The Way Things Happen...the whole package.  It's what your parents are talking about when you're a teenager complaining about something or other, and they tell you, "Well, that's just life!"  Shit Happens, as they say, and on most occasions, it seems like there is little or nothing anyone can do about it, least of all you.  Even though it's happening in and to your life.

This post is in response to the New Year New You writing prompt by Deb entitled 'Some Enchanted Evening'.

Well, when "Just Life" happened to me recently and I lost my job because of some namby-pamby feely-weely personality fascist, I jumped straight into enchantment in a way I never truly have before.  In a recent post I talked about how I immediately went into conjuring the powers of Saturn, Jupiter, and Mercury to lend stability to my life and to help me find work again quickly.  They delivered, and I've been at the new job for 2 1/2 weeks now.  It's been an adjustment, but it's coming along.

I've been lax with the enchanting lately, though.  It has honestly felt like, since I got my new job, I've been trying to play "Recuperate" and failing at it.  There are things I haven't entirely processed, and I really need to stop, assess where I am and where I want to be, and then move forward accordingly.

However, that is just in regards to my life in general.  For my stated goals for the New Year New You experiment, however, I'm only slightly behind.  There has not been much enchantment that needs to be done.  The only things I can think of are as follows:

  • Doing work to assist with better discipline as I near the completion of my stated goal.
  • Doing further workings to pull together more money from miscellaneous sources to finish faster.
  • Setting up a Jupiterean/Mercurial spirit bottle/house to help with my financial goals.

This coming Tuesday, I will be starting the work on the discipline, and on subsequent days after that, I will be doing more work toward the rest.

1 comment: