From ages 18 to 28, I always held down steady, continuous work (except for a few weeks when I started college). If I couldn't stand a job, then I found another and left the old one. This all changed in late October 2009, when the economy ate my job. Just after this, my truck's transmission failed and it was 4 months before I was able to get it fixed. While I subsisted on unemployment benefits and kept looking and applying for work, a number of things happened:
- Got a job and got my truck fixed.
- Lost the job in an abrupt introduction to how easily managers will now let you go, as well as the extremely flimsy reasons for which they will do so (seriously: In this case I have yet to meet anyone who does not think the reasons were total horseshit).
- Took odd 1-2 day project jobs.
- Took a 1 week job that ended up being extended to a month.
- Took a job outside my field, making WAAAY less than I did before the layoff, in order to keep my first-tier unemployment benefits from running out.
Then I got the desktop support job I mentioned in the first post. I was there a year and was laid off for two weeks. That leaves us back at mid-September of last year, and at this point you can probably guess how skittish and paranoid I had become regarding employment and job-security.
I began the financially-focused uncrossing at the beginning of the first week off. It concluded mid-week. By that time I had interviews set up for two jobs: One I didn't like, and one I really wanted! At that point, it was time for further enchantments!
Jupiter, Macro Style
One thing I did that same week was continue the series of planetary initiations by the angels by conjuring Tzadkiel to grant me initiation into the sphere of Jupier, and integration of its forces into my own sphere. He granted this with the Jovian grace one would expect of his sphere. I was drawn into a vision of many financial, authoritative, high-level things and then found myself back in my chair in front of my altar. In addition to the initiation, I asked Tzadkiel expressly to bless my overall jobsearch efforts.
Right along with the macro-enchantment from Jupiter, I began doing micro-enchantments. This consisted of the following:
- Before each of the interviews, I put a small dab of Commanding, High John, and Crown of Success oils on my hands and rubbed them in. I used just enough to put the lightest coating on my hands, avoiding making my hands look greasy. I got this idea from Jason, and it's so strategically awesome! Rub the oil on your hands, do the interview handshaking and VOILA! Magic deployed!
- For the job I really wanted, I empowered 3 candles. Each one had a purpose targeting an aspect of the situation: The first was to go work at that job; the second was to help me pass the military interim security clearance the job required; and the third was to help the flow of the process.
- Further prayers to the powers of Jupiter.
Admittedly, these were not nearly as much as I could have done, but it was a good start. At that point I had not received the financial magic lessons in Strategic Sorcery. For the second week of my layoff, nothing really happened. So after that I went back to work, tried to clean up the mess that was caused by my absence, and continued on with another general job-finding vigil cangle.
As it turned out, I was offered both positions! The one I wanted even took less than 4 hours to decide! I turned down the first job in favor of the second, and set about doing the extensive paperwork required to apply for a security clearance. The second week of my layoff was uneventful and dead in terms of my jobsearch. So I filled my time doing research for said paperwork, and filling the whole thing out. This continued even after I went back to work when the two weeks was up.
Unfortunately, there are things that magic cannot help with, and that security clearance was one of them. The DOD has been cracking down on the part of their process that focuses on a candidate's finances, and given mine, I was denied. Magic, it seems, could not help with that. It was a tough and very frustrating pill to swallow ("How can I improve my finances if you won't give me a fucking job???"), but swallow it I did.
Another job came along paying even more, but doing helpdesk (which I don't like). I decided to go ahead and try for it anyway, and scored a phone interview. After that I landed an in-person interview. Even from that interview I was extremely intimidated by their director, and at the end of the interview I was seriously shaken, but they took me. While on that job I still did magic to help improve my chances of staying there, but it seems that there were more walls I ran up against.
But that will be covered in my next post.