Friday, March 4, 2011

Strategic Sorcery Update: My Regular Practice

One thing I got clued into years ago was the concept of a regular (daily being ideal) spiritual practice consisting of exercises that are fundamental to one's spiritual, psychic, and energetic makeup.  Since delving into the works of Jason Miller and subsequently entering into his Strategic Sorcery course, my regular practice changed and I think it has been for the better.

For one thing, Jason taught me that my regular practice does not have to by a rigid thing.  I don't HAVE to start with a banishing rite, only THEN following with opening my centers and balancing my secret fire (thank you, Argent!).  He also helped me see how I can incorporate contact with my Holy Guardian Angel/Daimon into my practice.

Here is a current snapshot of my practice.  My apologies for items that are vague due to being in a book and me being unsure whether I can reproduce it or not:


  1. Centering:  This is basically placing oneself at the center of the Universe.  Mentally, you acknowledge that you are at the center of it all.  You don't change your position; you simply allow yourself to know that it is so.  What I like about Jason's "Universal Center" exercise from TSS is that it does what exercises like the Qabalistic Cross do, but it does it quicker.  You can still draw power with the Universal Center, plus it places you into a position of magical authority.
  2. The Pillar:  This is another exercise from TSS.  In it, you establish your connection to Higher and Lower (Ouranian and Chthonic) forces by establishing yourself in a column of energy channelling those forces.  Basically, it sets up your connection to universal power.
  3. The Spheres:  After establishing the Pillar, 5 spheres in the body corresponding with the elements are established and energized.  Once this is done, I sit with my spheres energized, in the Pillar and try to balance everything.  Once this is done, I move on to...
  4. Invocation of the HGA/Daimon:  There was a period where I was doing this through an altered version of the Headless Invocation/Bornless Invocation/Liber Samekh (All three are based on the same ritual from the Greek Magical Papyri).  More recently, I've been doing this through a prayer from TSS called "Invocation of the Agathodaimon".  Even more recently, I've been trying a little free-form prayer to the HGA/Daimon.  Either way, once I've done the prayer or invocation, I'm usually in an altered state of consciousness.  I then move on to...
  5. Meditation:  I start by reciting the Mirror Litany that I learned from Strategic Sorcery.  Then I meditate for 20 minutes, using a special mantra I also learned from Strategic Sorcery called "The Song of the Serpent".  It's easy to understate the feeling of bliss and serenity that I have when I'm finished.
  6. Offerings:  I give a general offering of subtle fire (read "energy") to the spirits around me, and to certain Gods.
Of these, I consider items 1 and 4-6 essential.

I want to give special mention to offerings.  Before reading TSS, I never even thought it might be possible to give a cloud of subtle energy to the spirits and make it so much more by willing it to pervade all space and take the form most desired by its recipients.  In doing this, you're basically giving the spirits endless treasures everytime you make an offering.  As you can imagine, this goes a long way toward building a relationships with the spirits around you that you may not even be aware of on a day-to-day basis.

Plus it appeases spirits who are pissed off at you!

With that said, there are things in my practice that I am going to need to adjust.  There's more I'm going to add due to material from Strategic Sorcery.  But for now, the above is my regular practice.

Ugh...there's so much work and extracurricular activity I've got to get through from Strategic Sorcery!  There's a bunch of pore-breathing and energy-tapping exercises to try out.  And for one of them, I want to take a trip to the local Art Museum!

2 comments:

  1. You know that's a good way to merge it all up nice! I'm gonna have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you pronounce the Invocation of the Agathodaimon?

    ReplyDelete