Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Updates

In recent times I've had more going on than I anticipated, magically-speaking!  To be honest, I'm tired of all my posts on Uncrossing, and I consider myself skooled on the practice...so I'm leaving it at that!  But in the meantime, here are things going on in my Sphere!

Strategic Sorcery: Behind On The Extracurricular Stuff

Right from the start of the course, I have meant to do so much more than the bare minimum.  There are all kinds of wonderful things that I get ideas for from the lessons...but do I put them into practice?  No-o-o-o.  Here is a list of things, just off the top of my head, that I could/should be doing for...well, course enrichment, I guess:

  • Trip to my local art museum to use pore-breathing to take some essence of beauty.
  • At same art museum, go to their art gardens and begin a friendship with the Genius Loci by giving it an offering.
  • Work with my energy channels, running different kinds of energy through them.
  • Connecting with, and channelling, different kinds of energy from different sources.
  • Actually practice the thought management exercises.
  • Work on dream recall again so I can *maybe* start doing Oneiric Sorcery.

Despite this, my regular practice is still going.  I had a long lapse in meditation for a while, but I'm working on it.

The Magical Equivalent Of Baking Stuff For Friends All The Time

I'm starting to feel like a Sorcerer For Hire...but less on the Hire part.  As in, I'm not getting paid.  It's all fine and dandy for me, though.  For so many years as a Wiccan I always offered to work magic for people, because I wanted to get the practice.  Well, most of the time I only got half-hearted agreements or defensive dodginess.  After years of that I mostly stopped offering.

Well, no more of that!  Now I have friends asking me to lend them magical assistance!  So far I have or have had requests for the following:

  • Attraction and/or compelling work for a friend to draw more fandom to her budding music.
  • Employment work for an out-of-work friend.
  • Road-opening work for a friend in her efforts at producing her own music album (I'm surrounded by musical people).
  • Road-opening work for a friend to help him transfer to another location in the store chain he works for.

And that's all on top of the work I have planned for myself!  Speaking of which...

Pulling Myself Up By The Bootstraps

I have a good amount of work planned for myself.  For starters, since I did my Uncrossing and got all that mess taken care of, it is time to work on my finances!  I will be working with both Jupiterian and Mercurial forces to help me get my finances under control and moving in a positive direction.

In addition, I am going to work on my fitness goal, romance, finding a good apartment for when my lease is up, and maybe other things I can't remember right now!  It's all mundane stuff, but it is very much needed mundane stuff.

But something has been bugging me lately...

The Call Of The Angel

I have a confession: In the past year I've kind of looked down on magic for spiritual development and self-development.  I just think that magic makes for a bad system of psychology.  I spent years practicing all this spiritual magic while my life fell apart around me, and then I suddenly found myself in a hole, alone and unable to get out, with what little practical magic I did backfiring on me.  Where was the usefulness in all that spiritual development then?

Up until recently that has pretty much been my point of view.  I've had this laserlike focus on practical magic while paying lip service to my spiritual side.  But it's been nagging at me.  It's like on some deep level my Angel is calling to me, and ignoring it is uncomfortable.

So, for that reason, I'm altering my focus a tad.  While my focus is still on practical magic, I recognize the importance of the spiritual side of magic...the Theurgy, if you will.  Jason Miller places importance on both the Spiritual and the Mundane, and I thought I had balanced myself between the two.  I was wrong, and so I'm going to work on that.

My current spiritual goal?  Attain the Knowledge & Conversation of my Holy Guardian Angel.  I'm going to do this through techniques given by Rufus Opus.  I'll expand more on this later, once I can put a good solid summary of it together.  For now, I'll just say that I intend on gaining initiation and integration of the four elements via their archangels, and then I'm going to go through the same with the planets.  Along the way, I'm going to work with my Genius to attain the K & C.

Admittedly, I don't just want to do this for its own sake.  I want it to help me be a better person, and moreover a better sorcerer!

3 comments:

  1. Regarding Strategic Sorcery, I think by this point you've gotten the lesson with the Planetary Seals? Try meditating on them, pore-breathing, etc.

    Also, if you're already at the Oneric Sorcery portion, start memorizing the Compass Round zone rite. You'll need it in a few weeks.

    Regarding magic for friends, I hope to do more of this, but most of my friends need serious uncrossing work done first and an even bigger spoonful of mundane help.

    Regarding the angel, it was Frater R.O.'s methods that got me there, or at least a good chunk of the way there. Are you in the Black Work course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea about meditating on the planetary seals. Unfortunately, Jason never answered me on the order of the seals, and I'm honestly unsure about the seals for the Sun and the Moon.

    Thanks for the tip about the Compass Round. I've been wanting to work with that particular zone rite a bit more.

    I'm not in the Black Work course, because I haven't been able to afford it yet. It would be great to do it, but in the meantime I'm making due with material gathered from R.O.'s blog, and from the sourceworks he draws from, such as Agrippa and Trithemius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From left to right down the sheet the seals are in the Chaldean order. Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon.

    ReplyDelete